Managed Services can be defined as a set of turnkey solutions offered by a third party (the MSP or Managed Services Provider) that assume responsibility for the deployment and ongoing administration of specific IT/network functions. These services tend to be delivered remotely and generally are packaged and priced on a subscription-fee basis.
Reasons businesses turn to Manage Services can vary depending on their specific scenario, however some of the core benefits include:
- Reduced Downtime – Many businesses rely on observation to detect IT incidents, and they manually report them by phone or email to their IT support provider. The drawback is of course high downtime – an incident can remain undetected for some time before its effects are observed and/or reported. And then manually reporting it is just another task that somebody has to squeeze into their already-busy day. The MSP provides 24×7 monitoring, alerting, and incident management of issues detected in your IT environment. Remote remediation, proactive maintenance, full problem management and root cause analysis are just a few of the standard approaches an MSP utilizes to keep your downtime to a minimum and get your users back to full productivity as fast as possible.
- IT Cost Transparency – the fixed fee, and typically per-seat nature of a managed service not only helps to stabilize IT spending, but also helps businesses anticipate the cost of providing that service to users and departments within their organization. By assigning these costs to the budget owners that use the services on a per-user or per-device basis, IT can begin to transform from a cost center to providing real business value.
- Turnkey Service Catalog – MSP’s like Appcast offer a suite of managed services that can be bundled or built à la carte into a service offering tailored to the specific needs of the individual customer. The customer can easily fulfill any new requirements they have from the MSP’s catalog as needed, without having to invest in new in-house infrastructure projects (time, resources, and capital expense!) or sourcing new vendor relationships. The MSP stays ahead of the technology curve, introducing new features and technologies to their service catalog as they become available.
- Scale – as your business grows, the MSP’s services grow with you. Many MSP’s including Appcast leverage cloud services, which helps reduce costs via economies of scale, and offers dynamic scaling, to keep up with any sudden surge in your business’ growth.
- Predictability – IT support departments are often pulled in many different directions: firefighting urgent issues from VIP staff, pulling together monthly reports, implementing urgent projects to deal with unanticipated performance or capacity issues, etc. IT teams are typically under-appreciated, and often express that the expectations of the organization are unrealistic given the current workload, staff count, and toolset. With a managed services offering from an MSP like Appcast, you can offload most of the daily operational tasks that detract from spending time on more important and strategic concerns – whether those are non-IT concerns like making more sales, or IT-concerns like adding server capacity or working on projects for special business demands. In turn, the MSP works with you to provide enhanced stability and predictability through operationalizing the day-to-day management of your IT environment.
- Core Competency – Unless you are an MSP, you’re likely not in the business of providing IT services. Outsourcing your IT operations to an MSP can help you avoid dealing with daily IT issues that affect the productivity of your staff, allowing you instead to focus on running your business. Managed IT services are the core of the MSP’s business, delivering maximum value: exceptional support and great services at a great price.
Appcast offers a comprehensive suite of Managed services through one of three programs, each designed to provide a great value in bundled base services at a great price point. We tailor match plans and a la carte services to the unique needs of each customer to deliver a “custom fit” solution. We meet with our customers regularly to ensure satisfaction, to search for areas of improvement both in the performance of their IT environment as well as in our performance. Through a phased program approach, we work with them to gradually develop their IT performance and stability to high levels, to reduce and stabilize overall IT operational costs, and to ultimately transform the perception of IT from a source of frustration into a source of innovative business value.